I found this recipe online a few years ago and the site doesn’t exist anymore unfortunately. It’s too bad because her recipes were amazing. I thought I’d share one of the cookie recipes I’ve been riffing on here.
Chocolate Chunk Monster Cookies
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4-5 ounces 100% unsweetened dark chocolate (Giddy Yo Yo and Lindt both do a 100% cocoa bar. You can also get unsweetened baker’s chocolate)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mash the bananas and mix with the other wet ingredients. Then add the dry ingredients and mix until well-incorporated. Next, chop the chocolate into small chunks and mix into batter. Drop the tablespoons of dough onto a cookie sheet about 1/2 inch apart. Bake for 15 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookies are golden brown.